Jesus said, "People don't light a candle to put it under a bushel basket. . . So let your light shine before others so they may see your good works and give God the glory." In light of that, let me boast about some of the good works my parishioners did during 2007.
- 7000 sandwiches were made for the Carriage House lunch program for the needy.
- 400 people every two weeks were assisted with our Food Box Program.
- Through this Food Box Program we distributed to the needy 30,600 pounds of food.
- We distributed 1100 gifts to 200 needy families through our Jesse Tree Christmas program, and collected $350 in gift cards to purchase last minute gifts for the needy.
- We distributed 220 gifts to the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless and Boulder County Cares and to the employees at a local nursing home who take care of the elderly or sick poor.
Additionally, during 2007 we provided assistance to over 200 families through:
- $11,400 in rent assistance.
- $4600 in help to pay utilities.
- $2120 to people needing help with transportation, shoes, eyeglasses, prescriptions and other miscellaneous necessities.
Respect for human life and the dignity of the individual is at the heart of Catholic social teaching. Come learn more about how we can make a difference in our world by contacting our Social Justice Team, chaired by Tommy Lorden: email@example.com